Information for Clients
Map and information about my service areas
Below you will find an interactive map of the areas that I service. Feel free to zoom and pan to get a better look.
- Immediate Service Area (green): There is no charge for travel to houses in this area. Includes Cape Girardeau, Jackson, Scott City, and more.
- Secondary Service Area (teal): For houses outside the Immediate Service Area, but inside the Secondary Service Area, there is no charge for travel. Includes Carbondale, Perryville, Oak Ridge, Marble Hill, Sikeston, Dexter, Bloomfield, Murphysboro, and more.
- Day-Rate Service Area (yellow): For houses outside the Secondary Service Area, but inside the Day-Rate Service Area, there is a $0.50/mile travel charge, plus $200 to cover expenses. Includes St. Louis, St. Peters, Chesterfield, Belleville, Poplar Bluff, Malden, Kennett, Caruthersville, Paducah, and more.
- Outside the Service Areas: Anything outside the Service Areas can be arranged by contacting me.
Please note that every Tuesday and Wednesday, I operate out of St. Louis, removing all travel charges to houses in St. Louis and St. Louis County on those days.
View Service Area in a larger map
What you should tell your clients
A great way to market your services to new or returning clients is to leverage my skills! If you make it known that you are one of the few agents in the area that hire a professional real estate photographer, you will instantly gain a competitive edge against other listing agents. To extend this, be sure to send them to my Useful info for sellers page so they can see the difference for themselves.
If you have already landed a client, and are planning to hire me to photograph their home, please direct them to my Useful info for sellers page so they will know how to prepare their home to be photographed. Remember, if the home is parade ready it will probably photograph well!
How the photos are delivered
Within 48 hours of photographing a home, I will send an email to you with a ZIP file of the resized photographs. Upon request I can send a second email with high-resolution images. If you ordered a virtual tour, the initial email will also include a link to the virtual tour. There you will find links to the branded and un-branded versions of the tour.
The photos in the ZIP file in the initial email are sized for the MLS, HouseViewOnline.com, CapeAreaHomes.com, any other websites, flyers you print, and any web marketing. The high-resolution images that can be sent upon request are sized for glossy flyers, brochures, and any print marketing.
Delivery over the internet saves time for both of us, saves fuel (which helps the environment and keeps costs down), and enables much faster delivery. However, if you need a CD they can be purchased. Please see the add-ons page for more details.
How the photos may be used
Usage rights are detailed in the following document: Real Estate Photography License
How to find or edit your virtual tours
After I have created your tour, I send an email with a link to the tour. If you cannot find this email, you can visit my full tours listing at kerricklong.com/tours and find the property. Virtual tours are hosted for one year.
If the list price has gone down or if other information needs to be changed for any reason, please contact me so I can make the appropriate changes. I manually enter data for each virtual tour from the MLS data sheet I obtain at the shoot, but I am human, so I apologize if I make any mistakes.
Cancellations and Rescheduling
If a shoot is cancelled or rescheduled less than 24 hours before its scheduled time for any reason except weather inappropriate for photography, there is a cancellation fee of $25 because I can no longer use the time slot I had reserved for the shoot.
The above applies even if the shoot is cancelled for these or other reasons:
- The homeowner has not prepared their home to be photographed (please send them to my useful info for sellers page)
- I cannot get into the property because the agent, an assistant, or the homeowner is not there to let me in
- The homeowners are indisposed and unable to allow for me to photograph the property
- Scheduling errors that are not on my part
However, if a shoot is cancelled or rescheduled more than 24 hours prior to its scheduled time, there is no penalty. Please be sure to notify me of any cancellations or rescheduling promptly to avoid cancellation fees.
When and how I invoice
I invoice on the first day of each month for all shoots done in the previous month. Invoices are due by the 15th day of the month. For example, I will invoice on July 1 for all services rendered in June, and the invoice will be due by July 15.
I send electronic invoices via email by default, but feel free to contact me and request paper invoices to be snail mailed instead. Moving your invoicing to the internet saves trees, gets the invoices to you faster, and allows you to pay using a credit card online.